digiKam 6.3.0 is released

I hope you are correct.

Do you rename/‘sort by folders’ on Import by the way?

Hello @Andrius,

With version 6.3 I was unable to do anything meaningful because it always crashed when I restarted it (after the previous crash…).
Digikam 6.2 was fine instead (Windows 10, as usual).

Just now I have added a new folder with plenty of Raw files.
Everything went smooth and I am now running them on Digikam 6.4 (“unstable”, of course…).

With Open Source software, in all truth, I often find the “unstable” versions usually more stable…
It is because there are so few developers working on the software that they often do not have the manpower to update the stable version (e.g. on Windows) with some minor release (6.3.1, 6.3.2 etc ). Therefore, if your computer hits some nasty bug, you are screwed…

Hello, I am running digikam on my mac. The program keeps crashing every time I try to import?

Hi @Rene_Hill, we’re going to need way more information. Are you running the latest version of digiKam? What version of macOS? When the application crashes, is there any message?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, on MBP 2020, under Catalina 10.15.7, brand new freshly installed DigiKam 7.1.0. While loading my database (52,000 files) he keeps crashing say every 10%.

Further, after 5 crashes, indeed I’m not able to continue the scan of files above 50% of files… It went ok from 1 to 50% and then stops. The SW works ok, but the scan ratio has not increased since about 15 min… Is there a physical limit at 50%?
Weird.

Use the release candidate from digiKam-7.2.0-RC from here: KDE - Experience Freedom!