digiKam 7.1.0 is released

Dear digiKam fans and users, After this long summer, we are now proud to release digiKam 7.1.0. This maintenance version is a result of a long period of bug-triaging on bugzilla. It introduces plenty of fixes and some features. Check out some of the highlights listed below and discover all the changes in detail. Better Canon CR3 Metadata Support digiKam tries to support as many digital cameras’ file formats as possible, but support for RAW files is a big challenge.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.digikam.org/news/2020-09-06-7.1.0_release_announcement/
3 Likes

Thanks!

Noticed 2 issues:

422240 – Description caption appears as "binary comment" still persist.

Windows app icons are missing.

Cheers.

Just a nice to have, but I liked it over the last few years: I’m unable to activate the German localization in the OS X Bundle (digiKam-7.1.0-MacOS-x86-64.pkg). Configure Language offers me only US English. Is it me, my Mac running Catalina or the bundle?

Do you have the German locale installed on your Mac?

I can confirm this issue, I have the same problem.

This missing translations problem under MacOS must be fixed with current 7.2.0-beta1 PKG, available here:

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

If not please report this on bugzilla.

1 Like

Turns out it’s been fixed, but needs to re-read the metadata of files imported under 7.0.0. See the last few entries of the bug report for details.

Cheers.

Hi.
First of all, tanks for everything ;). I’m a bit new with Digikam have the 5.6 version installed in a linux sistem. Would like to know if there is a way, not to complicated, to upgrade to a newer version.
Tried to do it with the terminal but nothing changes. Do someone have any tutorial? Looked for one and didn’t find it.

Greetings

Hi @David_Baytelman and welcome. You can download the AppImage and follow the instructions, or use the flatpak.

Thanks or answering so fast. Sorry for my ignorance, so I have to download it and install it like new? Do I have to uninstall the older version?
Will investigate “flatpak”.

Ok, thanks, did it. Had to uninstall the other version.

Now everything ok.

1 Like