digiKam 7.10.0 is released

Dear digiKam fans and users, After three months of active maintenance and other bugs triage, the digiKam team is proud to present version 7.10.0 of its open source digital photo manager. See below the list of most important features coming with this release. Bundles Internal Component Updates As with the previous releases, we take care about upgrading the internal components from the Bundles. Microsoft Windows Installer, Apple macOS Package, and Linux AppImage binaries now hosts:
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.digikam.org/news/2023-03-13-7.10.0_release_announcement/
8 Likes

Looking very slick with the black theme. Congrats on the release!

Awesome. Cannot wait to get my hands on it.

I am trying to load CR3 images from 1DX Mark 3 but i dont see any image previews or actual image loaded. Able to load Jpegs. Am i missing something? using v7.10.0 on Macbook Pro M1

No problem here:
Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 06.21.02|690x431

From the downloads page _ What is the difference between Win64-debug and plain old Win64 ?

I clicked “Details” and there was no explanation whatsoever that I could see.

Thanks.

“-debug” want mean “debug symbols”, to catch debugger traces when application stop to work. Bundles are more heavy but this will help developers to found the origin of dysfunctions.

1 Like

Thank you.

Is there any downside to using the debug version as opposed to the Plain Jane variety ?

For Windows, no. See online documentation for details:

1 Like

For the macOS version, on your website your wrote it is compatible from macOS 10.13 or later. This release works only from macOS 10.15 or later. And the previous version 7.9 of Digikam, crashed on macOS 10.13 and 10.14. The last compatible version for macOS 10.13 and 10.14 is Digikam 7.8
Can you correct your website please?

Web site fixed…

Windows Installer not executing properly on latest Win10 updates.

Appimage, maybe ist wasn’t the best idea to pull my second Computer up to Debian bookworm. On this system the DigiKam Appimage crashes with “Speicherzugriffsfehler”. Older AppImages like 7.9 or 7.8 crashes also with the same message. On my mainsystem, a used Lenovo T550 with second screen, all works fine.
On the second system with bookworm other AppImages, like Freecad, the dev AppImage of RawTherapee or the dev AppImage of Inkscape works without any trouble. Only the DigiKam AppImage doesn’t like to work.

PS: the second system is a used Dell Workstation which run headless, the pictures are stored on a ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 as NAS, the database is located as external mariadb on the ProLiant.