digiKam and midgrey reference.

HI, I just started to use the digicam, and I like it a lot. I wonder if there is an easy way ( color picker) to adjust the temperature to 18% grey cards on my photos?

thanks in advance! edit metadata and adjust colors is about the first thing I do with my batches. I also use darktable but I can’t find a metadata editor, so i swittched to digicam.

Moved your post to the digiKam category.

darktable does have a metadata editor but might not be what you want. If you aren’t afraid of using command line, try using ExifTool or Exiv2.

Read the digiKam manual on white balance here: https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/photographic-editing.html#editor-color-wb.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Hello,

You can try the White Balance tool (go to Colors - White Balance or press Ctrl-Shift-W)

1 Like

yes i tried but there is no way to select area for spot balance.

thanks i am not afraid of sudo nano and such, but is a bit inconvenient because i have to look at the photo to adjust manual lens focus using my short lasting memory, so right now i load the batch in digicam edit exif and then i continue work in darkroom usually start with spot color balance and exposure fix

really appreciated. I guess I have to upgrade to the latest version. mine, it doesn’t have a picker

installed flatpak and the remote depository of nightly 6.0 but says that current location of my files is not available. ill figure out, it looks promising. thank you!

The latest version is 5.9.0, I’d go with that.

You might be sandboxed out of the local filesystem. Also the flatpak has its own settings files in ~/.var/app

I

installed appimage of 5.9, but the problem persists, digikam does not show a picker, I see a water drop instead of the picker, and the afterpart balance is off

i have no idea what could cause this, looks like thumbnail database issue. i can not find any info on how to fix it, but 5.9 looks fine so is ok, but my interface loooks different, maybe i am missing some libs or run obsolete libs.

Actually mine looks different too. I think it is time to update the screenshot in the manual. I will do that.