digikam crashes on reading network resource

Hi
Digikam crashes when I try reading the recently added album on a samba fs (mounted locally). It works fine whenever the resource is unmounted or digkam is not told to look for new items. Another local folder is working as it should.
Interestingly when the network source was first added it started scanning well but then crashed after it reached a certain folder. I restarted and could scan one more folder before another crash. It now crashes everytime I look for new items in that album.
I tried adding the samba drive as removable instead of network source with the same behaviour.
Digikam 8.2.0
KDE-Plasma 5.27.10
KDE Frameworks Version 5.115.0
Qt Version 5.15.12 (built against 5.15.12)
OpenSuse tumbleweed 20240225

alex@mother:~> digikam
Could not create scene graph context for backend ‘opengl’ - check that plugins are installed correctly in /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins
kf.config.core: Watching absolute paths is not supported “/usr/share/digikam/colorschemes/graycard.colors”
kf.xmlgui: Unhandled container to remove : Digikam::DigikamApp
21 – exe=/usr/bin/digikam
13 – platform=xcb
11 – display=:0
16 – appname=digikam
17 – apppath=/usr/bin
9 – signal=7
9 – pid=1305
17 – appversion=8.2.0
20 – programname=digiKam
31 – bugaddress=submit@bugs.kde.org
KCrash: Application ‘digikam’ crashing…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 46 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 48 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 52 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/libexec/drkonqi
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 8 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 26 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 27 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 29 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 30 and type ‘Exception’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 31 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 84 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 85 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 86 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 117 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 118 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 119 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 120 and type ‘Read’, disabling…
The X11 connection broke (error 1). Did the X11 server die?
dpi is invalid got from xsettings(Qt/DPI/ and Xft/DPI), fallback to get dpi from QXcbScreen::logicalDpi()
dpi is invalid got from xsettings(Qt/DPI/ and Xft/DPI), fallback to get dpi from QXcbScreen::logicalDpi()

[1]+ Angehalten digikam
alex@mother:~>

[warn] epoll_wait: Ungültiger DateideskriptorPreformatted text

Hello and welcome.

Can you view images in the problem folder with another viewer? Are you sure they’re not corrupted?

Thank you!
Absolutely, yes. It is actually my wife’s collection on her windows computer where she is working with Lightroom and Photoshop. Here on my machine I can access all the files with Dolphin or work with everything in Rawtherapee and Gimp; Darktable actually causes problems as well, with importing sometimes, other times throwing errors and yet again other times saying it imported but did not. I guess that is a different issue.
As far as I see Rawtherapee and Gimp read the pictures directly, right? So the issue in Digikam seems to be the import into the library?
Ciao
Alex