digiKam developers notifications from here

@paperdigits @patdavid

Looks like digiKam developers don’t get any notifications about comments the release announcements like this one.

I am wondering if it would be possible to sign them up?

@Andrius I’m not sure what you mean, they’re all free to sign up here for an account. They can use the forum totally by email if they want… If they don’t have an account I’m not sure how they expect to get notifications.

Saw your post on the digikam list, @Andrius. I think Gilles has an account here as @hdynamo, so he could get notifications if he wanted. I can look and see if it’s possible for him to only get notifications on posts by @system as digikam posts…

But these posts come from the digiKam website. He can look at the actual post or look here.

I was hoping there is a solution to notify them via an email.

The “system” account the posts come from, what is that? Is that possible to change to hdynamo or any other account for that matter?

He can choose to get notifications from this category through email without a problem.

I’d say first, we should figure out why he cannot log in (he says on-list that he gets an “Account cannot be found” for some reason") - I’ve replied on-list with his username, maybe that’ll help him to log in.

Once he can actually get emails from our system, we can figure out how best to get his notifications working. He can easily just set only notifications from all posts in the “digiKam” category (here basically).