My systems is as follows:
RawTherapee 5.7 appimage
Digikam 5.9.0 from the Ubuntu repo
I understand RawTherapee 5.7 introduces a feature to read the image’s rating from an associated .xmp file. This would make it simple to use Digikam to quickly rate images, and then switch to RawTherapee to filter on those ratings and start processing. However I simply cannot get this to work.
Steps to reproduce are:
N.B. I have Digikam set to write sidecar files.
- I have a folder of Olympus RAW files in .ORF format.
- Open Digikam and point it at that folder
- Select an image and set its rating as 5 stars
- Check that the .xmp file has been created by Digikam with the same filename as the associated RAW file. Open that file in an editor and see the rating has been set ( xmp:Rating=“5”)
- Move to RawTherapee and point that at the same photo folder.
- Locate the image I rated in Digikam. However the image is still unrated.
I’m struggling to find any documentation on this feature so any help in making this work would be much appreciated.