digiKam Recipes 18-01-25 released

After a somewhat prolonged hiatus (my move from Denmark to Germany and full-time job at SUSE Linux GmbH had something to do with this), a new revision of the digiKam Recipes book is ready for your reading pleasure. Continue reading…
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.digikam.org/news/2018-01-30_digikam_recipes_18_01_25_released/
1 Like

Hi Dmitri, thank you for all this fantastic work. I would like to reinstall an older version of DigiKam i.e. an previous version I downloaded in ~ March 2019. In this version it was still possible to use SQLite… I cannot find where I could find it?

Do you know where I could find it?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers
Guillaume

It should still be possible to use SQLite! Perhaps you need to remove other DB setups from your digikamrc file?

There’s even a dedicated tool to switch databases (already since a few versions), so if you’re on mysql/mariadb now, you can switch back using that.

Thank you both for the replies!

Actually the last 2 releases could not be installed properly on the laptop (windows 10 64bits) hence I thought it was due to a missing external database…

However, installation of the March 2019 release was all fine. I set up the SQLite as I have only hundredths of camera trap pics to sort out. All good… but I am still wondering why I couldn’t install the most recent versions despite all external SQLs uninstalled before launching the install…