Digikam recipes & windows

Just got Digicam recipes, I don’t mind paying for it, it’s got plenty of info’. But it’s not so useful when running Digicam on Windows ( only use Linux now for my router & milling m/c).
Also, I have problems uploading videos to my (Piwigo) website. I get ‘upload failed etc. mysql has gone away’. I can’t fathom out whether it is a Piwigo or Digicam problem. Any ideas anyone?

I’ve adjusted the title and the category for better visibility.

Ok, thanks

Pinging the author, @dmpop

Hi,

First of all, thank you for buying the book! It would be helpful if you could elaborate on it’s not so useful when running Digicam on Windows. Are there any specific topics you’d like to see covered?

Regarding your question about PIwigo video uploads. Can you upload a video directly from your machine to Piwigo? If you can’t then the problem most likely lies with Piwigo. If you can, then it might be a digiKam issue. In that case it would make sense to post your question to the digikam-users mailing list.

Kind regards,
Dmitri

Perhaps that comment is a bit over the top, it’s just that there are numerous Linux scripts in the book, and upon reflection, I doubt that I would have got around to using most of them anyway, although converting video to avi may be useful.
As to the uploads, It turns out that Piwigo will not upload video without a plugin (which needs extra scripts adding for it to work). So not a Digicam problem.
I have not been using Digicam for long, but so far - very impressed.