Digikam thumbnails view - how to show seconds (same for geotagging)

I’m currently using Digikam appimage in Debian 12 (Gnome desktop). I need to see seconds in the timestamp since many photos are done within a minute. I use it as help to locate along of the known route between two identified locations.
Previously, I was able to show seconds in Macos (up to Big Sur) using custom time format in the OS settings. Also, I had success using the custom locale in KDE. But, custom locale in Gnome doesn’t work. I have to use one of the standard locales. But it allows to switch from 12 hours AM/PM to 24 hours format only without seconds.
Does anyone have solution for this problem? Greatly appreciated.

Hi Al-fedo, Showing seconds is not possible easily. Someone who has a deeper knowledge can help. However, you can sort the display on the time-created variable. That should give you a reasonable idea of which picture was taken first and so on. Hope this helps

I couldn’t find a setting to display the seconds from Exif::DateTimeOriginal in the center panel (which, I think, is the timestamp you want).

DateTimeOriginal is stored with seconds, and afaik the Geolocation tool uses that timestamp.
You can also see the exact time in the “metadata” panel on the right. Be aware that the “Properties” panel (like the popup in the center panel) shows the modification date of the file, whch can be different from (later than) the time the image was taken.

And, of course, (most) cameras number the images sequentially (lower is earlier).

If you want to have the seconds display added, your best option is to post a feature request in the digikam bug tracker