digiKam Video settings

Hello,
does anyone know how to set the video playback in digiKam so that the colors are the same as when I play them with the system video player (SM-Player)?
The differences are just way too big at the moment.
My system is Manjaro Linux.
I look forward to your suggestions.

The question is which digiKam version you are currently using under Manjaro? We currently have 2 video engines. Under Qt5 digiKam we use the QTAVPlayer, under Qt6 we use the QtMultimedia Player. Both are based on FFmpeg. The future belongs to QtMultimedia. digiKam currently has no video settings for both engines. I only use the Qt6 version of digiKam and have no problems with the video display, colors are normal.

Hallo Maik @dkdeveloper

I use digiKam 8.2.0 and the setting is:

grafik

How do you set which of the two (Qt5 or Qt6) to use under Linux?

The video settings from the screenshot are no longer available from digiKam-8.3.0 because we have changed the video engines. Whether digiKam uses Qt5 or Qt6 depends on which libraries it was compiled with. With Qt6 a KF6 is also required. Our AppImage is already compiled with Qt6, you can test it from here for video: KDE - Experience Freedom!

1 Like

Hi Maik, in AppImage version 8.4.0 the colors are correct again! Wonderful, I was about to return my new camera because the pictures were so strong, saturated and reddish.

I just noticed that with 8.4.0, the F4 (Open) key no longer works for full-screen playback, i.e. playing a video. It works for pictures.

But, most importantly, the colors are now the same as those displayed by the other normal media players.

Wonderful!

Today I got the digiKam update 8.3.0-5 on Manjaro Linux and the problem is solved.