Disable tool tips

Hello. How to disable tool tips in darktable? (ubuntu studio cosmic, DT 2.6-2.7)

What makes you dislike tool tips or why you want them to disappear?

I have the same question as @AxelG, but I also see what may be the answer. Tool tips like the following add nothing to usability but hide other items on the screen.
2019-05-10_18-15-24_cropped

There is an answer explained and illustrated by elGordo. Also, and often, it blocks the click … It’s messy and when I have to process hundreds of thousands of images, the little time lost is multiplied, and the perpetual flicker is boring. I dont need tooltips… I know the software! Why do you answer me by a question?

1 Like

Answering by a question is called understanding. As I know, there’s not possibility at this time to disable tooltips.

If you want that to be implemented, I recommand you to post that as a feature request on darktable github (ie an option on preferences) : https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/new/choose.

Of course, explaining why (so answering on AxelG question) will help to have a developer appreciate your idea or develop it (of course, if you have skills to, you can develop that and propose that as a pull request).

1 Like