Distro Fever: Memory Loss Edition

Latest update seems to have been yesterday:

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Good to hear it’s still ticking. Unfortunately at the moment I don’t have a spare physical machine to play with (nor time right now). I have a Mint VM on my Windows laptop, but I’ve not done much with it. So far anything I’ve needed to do in Linux I’ve done in WSL. But it’s no substitute for a real installation.

Thanks.

From the memtest troubleshooting:

We are often asked about the reliability of errors reported by MemTest86. In the vast majority of cases errors reported by the test are valid. There are some systems that cause MemTest86 to be confused about the size of memory and it will try to test non-existent memory. This will cause a large number of consecutive addresses to be reported as bad and generally there will be many bits in error. If you have a relatively small number of failing addresses and only one or two bits in error you can be certain that the errors are valid. Also intermittent errors are without exception valid. Frequently memory vendors question if MemTest86 supports their particular memory type or a chipset. MemTest86 is designed to work with all memory types and all chipsets.

Yes, thanks. Plus there’s the link I provided in

@lphilpot Look what I just found:

https://www.exton.se/tag/slackware/

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Hmmm. Might be interesting. Thanks for the info! :+1: