DIY Hardware Catergory?

I’m not sure if there’d be enough interest, but I’d like to propose a DIY hardware category; something that includes maintainance, customisation, refurbishment, restoration, DIY… you know the sort of thing. Maybe it could be included as a Hardware subcategory? Just throwing the idea out there, really — after all, FOSS is pretty much ‘DIY software,’ so I think it would a good fit.

4 Likes

I like the idea and I have a related question. Some time ago this year somebody asked for a film scanning category which I would love as well, and one of the mods answered that they suspect too low traffic regarding this topic and therefore refused.

So my idea was to use tags instead until some critical mass is reached. However, that would mean adding tags to posts from others, which the system seems to let me do, but what’s the policy about altering tags of posts of others?

In case you wonder why I am writing this here, this may be an alternative solutions in case you are facing similar issues as the person who asked about film scanning.

1 Like

It is helpful and you should do it.

When you reach a certain “status” as determined by the forum software, you can add tags and change categories.

Its helpful if the community does this, otherwise myself or another mod/admin has to do it. Power of community!

2 Likes

That’s good advice, I was not sure if this is desired and before I put my foot in my mouth …

1 Like