Does RT_SETTINGS work for ART on Windows?

Reason I ask is that I’d like to use one of @gaaned92’s Ryzen optimized Windows builds but by default it references a different user folder tree. I can copy the contents over, but using the default path would be much better.

Reading this thread…

…indicates that path can be overridden with RT_SETTINGS, but so far I’ve been unsuccessful in getting it to work on my Windows 11 computer. The variable is set…

C:\> env
RT_SETTINGS=C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local\ART

…in my local environment. But the optimized build still uses an alternate folder. I’ve set the variable for both my user and system-wide, but to no avail.

Anything else I’m missing?

About the only thing I’ve not tried is rebooting, but since it’s set in my environment and system-wide, that shouldn’t be required (plus I have several other bits of work going on simultaneously :slight_smile:)

Thanks.

Try with ART_SETTINGS

2 Likes

Perfect.

You know, that actually crossed my mind. Dunno why I didn’t try it before asking. :smiley: One letter made all the difference.

Thanks.

1 Like

ART_CACHE also works.

I believe ART_CACHE is used for a different purpose, though. In RawPedia, RT_SETTINGS and RT_CACHE are treated independently.

ART_CACHE eq. RT_CACHE )

Yes, but ART_CACHE != ART_SETTINGS just like RT_CACHE != RT_SETTINGS. Cache and settings are different. They could be configured to share the same folder but they’re not for the same purpose.

I would like to know if there are other parameters of this type ART_xxxxxx ?

ART_SETTINGS define the location of the config folder.
Usually, inside the config folder you find the cache folder.
For some reason ( performance for instance) you can want to put this cache folder somewhere else. For that you use ART_CACHE.
I dont think ART use other environment variable.

1 Like