DPReview article about Filmulator

Congrats!

10 Likes

Ah yesā€¦ The ā€œI rewrote a reddit post and its my articleā€ type of articleā€¦ They couldnā€™t have at least figured out @CarVacā€™s name?

1 Like

I preferred the diyphotography articleā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m fine with the anonymity, I just wish they had tried it themselves before writing their piece.

2 Likes

Basicly responding to the HN listing, but this seems as good a place as any:

Output settingsā€¦ Iā€™ll probably replace the Save TIFF button with a Save As button that lets you select what and where to save. Not sure when Iā€™ll get to that, I have some other things I want to prioritize

I hope you keep the single-click-save-tiff available somewhere :), having to do ā€˜save asā€™ for every picture is a pita.
Or is there a ā€˜save whole queue as tiffā€™ option Iā€™ve been missing?

ā€¦ although apparently ā€œa new option has just appeared onlineā€ now means ā€œa new option I just found out aboutā€.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s going to be the Output tabā€¦ eventually.

You primarily use TIFF? I was expecting that most people would just use JPEGs for most output.

Filmulator is in the middle of my workflowā€¦ There is some editing after or at least resizing, output sharpening, grain.

Only at the end it goes to jpgā€¦ And with a jpeg encoder that targets a certain butteraugli distanceā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DP did bring it to my newsfeed which brought me to the reddit, the website, and @CarVacā€™s youtube channel. So it is not completely without merit?

We can both appreciate what theyā€™ve done and wish that theyā€™d had done better.

But regardless, weā€™re definitely glad to have you here.

Iā€™d say there is quite a bit of merit. Did you try it? Perhaps it isnā€™t a tool thatā€™ll scratch your itch and thatā€™s OK.

I think theyā€™re talking about merit of the article, not merit of Filmulator.

The intent of the comment could be more clear :wink:

As @carvac pointed out, I was referring to the merit of the article, not the software. I am liking it so far. I am kicking tires a bit before I RTFM.

FYI: You donā€™t have to dive all the way into the manual for some guidance; if you hover over the name of a tool a tooltip will explain in moderate detail.

1 Like

It gets worse as you get to know me. Clarity is not my specialty. I am verbose and I am not always sure where I am going when I start a sentence.