Dragonfly Macro

DSCF8057.RAF (26.5 MB)

DSCF8186.RAF (28.2 MB)

DSCF7991.RAF (26.1 MB)

I find that macro shots are always a challenge to edit when it comes to color balancing and getting a pleasing image, so why not see what people can do with these images? Enjoy :slight_smile:

License: Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

14 Likes

My version…

DSCF8057.RAF.xmp (16.1 KB)

5 Likes

Wow, those are excellent photos! How do you get her to pose long enough? The snakedoctors around here are always very defensive, and take flight when you come within a few steps of them. Then they harry you, darting at you and back away in an instant.

1 Like

@hatsnp Just one word. Envy!!! :-)))

Here is my attempt, performed in vkdt, since I am presently trying to learn to handle that special developer:

DSCF8057.RAF.cfg (3.7 KB)

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

3 Likes

Debian 12 Xfce + Rawtherapee 5.9 + Gimp 2.10.34

4 Likes

RT 5.9
DSCF7991.jpg.out.pp3 (13.5 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: It was a lot of trial and error, my lens is a bit long so it helped quite a bit (97mm full frame equiv). I tried to approach it slowly and without casting a shadow as that somehow frightened them. Once squatting close to it I had a few seconds to focus/compose and then make slight adjustments rocking back and forward while burst shooting and hopefully get something in focus as it was hard to see with sunlight and the camera so low. Tilt screen helped a lot in this situation too.

3 Likes

…

DSCF8186.RAF.xmp (15.6 KB)

4 Likes

What lens was used here?

1 Like

Debian 12 Xfce + Rawtherapee 5.9 + Gimp 2.10.34

3 Likes

It was a Laowa 65mm f2.8.

1 Like

I like the dramatic colors here, gives it a completely different feel and works very well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good ones(and the one above), very sharp and I like the color, seems very faithful to what it looked like if a little too saturated, but in this context works very well imo.

1 Like

Love the accentuated but “naturalistic” colours in this one. Simple, but very effective!

1 Like

DSCF8057.RAF.xmp (7.8 KB)

2 Likes

…

DSCF7991.RAF.xmp (15.0 KB)

2 Likes

Wow, especially for the plant.

2 Likes

great colours!

1 Like