DT 3.0.2 Basic Adjustment module

hi i would like to know is the basic adjustment module exposure is the same as exposure module.

secondly i tried to assign a shortcut key E to the dynamic keybindings to the basic adjustment modules it does not work. It works if i assign it to the exposure module

i hope some one can clarify this thanks

If you mean with “basic adjustment” the “basic group” (circle icon) in the right sidebar, yes, the two modules you mention are the same:
every module has one group where it’s located, and you can also have it available in the “favourites” group (star icon). In addition, if a module is actvie, it appears in the “active” group (the leftmost, with the power switch icon) as well.

what i mean is this basic adjustment module vs the exposure modules

what’s the difference between the two. is it base on LAB or RGB in the back end

You can see the base of every module switching on parametric mask.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean

If you switch to parametric mask for a module it shows if the module is RGB or LAB:

Tone curve
lab

Exposure
rgb

3 Likes

The “basic adjustment” module is one module independent from the other one. While it gives the same functionalities as other module, the algorithm implementation is different.
So, no, the “basic adjustment” and “exposure” are not the same modules.
But behind the scene, the algorithm used is similar (I did not dig into the code to check is it’s the same piece of code re-used or a new implementation).
There is worl in progress in the future darktable 3.2 (or maybe 3.4), to have a “basic” module that is a shortcut for other modules, removing the code duplication.

1 Like