DT 4.7 Highlights reconstruction sometimes switches to clip highlights on just some images

I am using the latest Windows 4.7 weekly build and I have noticed for sometime that the highlights reconstruction module occasionally switches from inpaint opposed with works great to the not so good clip highlights. This seems a random event and because I don’t open and check that module sometimes it compromises my edits. Can anyone explain this behaviour and has anyone else experienced this behaviour? This seems an undesirable and I presume an unintended action by DT

Of course while writing this post I realise the simplest answer may be to included highlights reconstruction module settings in my basic picture styles used for editing.

I saw that a couple of times too but I thought I was dreaming or did something… I think both times it was on playraw images …will have to see if there is some sort of pattern to tie to when it happens…

So I just went back to the latest image causing this problem and checking image history the highlights recovery definitely set to clip highlights itself. Then I made a duplicate image set to original and the module set to inpaint opposed. I then cleared the history of the image at fault and it set the module to inpaint opposed. It seems so random. For the short term I will include the module setting in my preset, but I shouldn’t have to do this.

Please report on Github if it isn’t there yet.

Hi Todd, I have put in a bug report on Github. If I can work out how to reproduce this event so it is less random I will add that to the report. Maybe if you see it again yourself it might be worth adding to my report on github. Thanks

1 Like

I will if I notice it…