DT and Color compressor [SOLVED]

No, seriously. At one time I was even looking for sliders. The ability to search for color at a specific radius.
Without control panels (balls) it can be difficult to use the rings. And control panels cost a lot of money.

I think that is a MacOS thing…no support or poorer for OPENCL…The DT pipeline is also a beast as the dev’s will admit and efficiencies there maybe in the future will help tremendously.

There is a program variant in the works…very early days using vulkan that I gather is very very fast but still evolving…you can google or search the forum for vkdt to learn more about that……

I just recently updated my hardware as it was sorely needed but things like the diffuse module which produce great results are a beast on older hardward…so I now have a 30 series Nvidia card , 12thgen intel, and 64gb DDR5 with nvme drives and it helps a lot……

For the sake of interest, I installed windows. Under windows the program began to crash often. version 3.8.1 from the off-site.
I sent a bug report, but I think it’s a problem with my video card and opencl (windows). Davinci resolve is also screaming about gpu chip errors (windows). I have been using different drivers for my video card. the result is 0. I have raised this topic on this forum, but no one is aware of the problem Drivers for AMD/ati graphics cards . And on the profile forums classic genre - update drivers, buy another video card, reinstall windows.
But the program even with opencl (windows) support does not work fast. If we add the moment of program crashes then I think I’d prefer mac os without opencl))
It is better under mac os. Davinci resolve works reactively and without crashes. It has only crashed 5 times in 8 years.
And let darktable work without opencl, but at least it won’t crash. It does not crash there, unlike the windows version.

On another forum recently a user was experiencing at ton of issues crashes, kept reinstalling and trying a different OS…in the end they had bad memory stick…It might pay to run a comprehensive hardware diagnostic if you are having lots of crashes just to rule out something like this happening to you…I run DT on WIndows and generally don’t have too many issues even as I am building it and staying current every few days…that much crashing must be a sign of something…hopefully you can track it down…

1 Like

Memtest86 ok
Victoria ok

If you change the video card to nvidia, there is no problem.
More accurately, if you move the video card to another computer, the problem will happen again.
I service about 40 machines in three small offices. It is possible to combine the hardware temporarily.
Putting a more powerful power supply makes no difference.
AMD hardware is not good friends in pc. They have good hardware, but the software for windows is not always smooth.
On mac os it works. And with opencl (before) and metal (now).
windows = nvidia
mac os = amd ati ))

But that’s a luxury, that would only keep windows, change the video card forever.