DT and graphics tablet

Hi,

is there somewhere a tutorial who to work fluently with a graphics tablet in DT? I have difficulties whenever a mousewheel is in demand.

I bet that most people use a graphics tablet only while drawing masks. Operating dt’s modules with a tablet seems like an exercise in frustration unless you’re extremely fluent with it.

That‘s strange because working with a graphics tablet is common. I use mine for decades not only with Photoshop and Lightroom but everytime with every application. But now with DT it is very tediously.

Agreed - darktable does not really support a graphics tablet for general use. I tried it and ended up needing to use another device for both scrolling and double-clicking. It is great for drawn masks though (for the three times I’ve ever needed such a precise mask).

That‘s a big setback to me for using DT!

My Wacom Bamboo has 2 buttons on the stylus and four on the tablet, which I can may to arbitrary events, including scroll wheel movements (xmodmap on Linux).

Sorry for the long delay but I had to work and also after weeks Debian is not ready to work with it seriously …

I tried to read the keycode with xev but it doesn‘t react neither to each one of the buttons nor to the scroll wheel my Wacom Graphire 4 has.

I would try remapping them with xsetwacom first.

1 Like