DT "Tone curve" (Lab linked) module issue

Hello,
I’ve been using DT v4 for a while. As far as I remember, the version was between 4.2-4.4 for Ubuntu 22.04. Processing setup was all the time set to "pixel workflow: none’ and ‘module order: v3.0 RAW’.
No base curve, no filmic, no color calibration - I don’t like them.
I might have changed some settings now, but I think it was like this for most of the time.
Normally, I rely on the tone curve as main tone mapping module. I use it with ‘lab linked’ color space rendering rich colors.
Until several days ago, when I noticed the ‘Lab linked’ mode started producing absolutely bland colors, like if chroma space was not touched anymore.
For comparison using “lab, independent channels”, when the curve is not bound to chroma space, delivers much similar results, although a tad more washed out.
So, somehow the tone curve with Lab linked space has lost most of its potential. Strange.
This might have been caused by the scene-referred workflow I tried several days ago. Which I was not satisfied with(again) and switched back to using conservative white-balance + tone curves method.
Also “filmic rgb scene referred default (disabled)” entry started popping into the history. it didn’t before.
Why has it started showing up now?
I tried discarding the history and made sure the pixel workflow is none and module order is v3.0, but nothing changed. Filmic comes back.
Switching to “XYZ, linked channels” somewhat recovers the color, but not as good as Lab space did while ago.
Anybody has experienced the same? What could be causing disabled filmic module to pop into the history?

If you created an auto preset with it disabled it will show up that way. Any chance you were playing with presets??

As for linked vs independent it might be hard to put the same curve on every channel so it will likely be a bit different

If it’s dramatically different maybe check the module location or blend mode for a change

No preset is in use for the tone curve, except for demosaicing and exposure.
What do you mean by checking the module location?

The pipeline order, see
darktable 4.6 user manual - the pixelpipe & module order .

Can you double-check, by re-exporting a previously exported photo and comparing the old and new export, if there is a difference?

If there is, you should open a bug report on github, if one does not already exist:

Ah, that one. As I have mentioned, pixel workflow is set to none and the module order is set to v3.0 RAW
No manual moving of modules made.

1 Like

I just wondered if the edits you were comparing had the tone curve in a different place in the pipeline… That might also influence the result