Dull Looking Thumbnails

I notice that when there are NO stars selected for an image then the thumbnail looks as if it has a dulling mask over it. Not sure if this is something new or my settings have been changed with a recent update. Not a big problem … makes the lighttable look weird.
Manjaro/Arch/XFCE/git version.

Are you just seeing the unprocessed raw?

Do you have custom CSS set?

No, it is not an unprocessed image. When I mouse over the image it appears with full brightness … the only difference is that it has no stars.

Both images processed … but one muted??

Can you regenerate the thumbs?

How would I do that … without a total reinstall

Delete ~/.cache/darktable and run darktable-generate-cache

I’m pretty sure this is also the case for rejected images. A sort of aide memoire when your filter shows all images that these are ones who have been previously been left out of consideration. It is intentional, I believe.

Am I dreaming? Was there not an option to have 1 star applied to all incoming images … I do not see such an option currently.

According to the documentation, at the import & review section, precisely the copy & import from camera paragraph, darktable assigns a 1 star rating to newly-imported images by default.

But I don’t remember and know about an option to have 1 star applied to all incoming images, apart what the doc says… I may be wrong though.

Thanks … I have found the setting now … I don’t know why this folder had no rating at all … gremlins again … possibly something to do with the dailly git … but solved now.