Dynamic Profile Rule Won't Match Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm Lens

I am trying to create a dynamic profile rule which will match the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm lens, because RT 5.9 does not automatically select it in Profiled Lens Correction. Nothing that I enter into the lens field of the dynamic profile rule works. I have tried

NIKKOR Z 24-200
re:NIKKOR
re:.*NIKKOR.*
re:*NIKKOR*

and many other incantations.

I am running the 5.9 AppImage on Ubuntu 22.04. Attached is a sample NEF file.

2022-12-11_14-08-31.nef (26.0 MB)

Per exiftool and the RT 5.9 meta tab your Lens Model and Lens ID tags are both “NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR” (no quotes).

I’m not sure if you can enter wildcards, though (haven’t read RawPedia on that lately). I had to put my two dynamic rules at the bottom to get them to work in all cases. Try NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR,

I just tried that value again, just to be sure. No dice. And it doesn’t matter where I put the rule in the list. My rules based on camera model work just fine (“NIKON Z 5”) but I can’t get the lens rule to fire.

No idea then. See if someone more knowledgeable than I will answer (there are lots!)…

I ran into the same issue with other Nikkor Z-mount lenses and had to create a bit of a workaround to fix this.

You can’t solve this by trying to create just a dynamic rule, you need to create a dedicated profile too that will be used in combination with the dynamic rule.

1. Load a RAW that uses the lens you want to assign,
  2. Manually set the correct camera and lens in the profiled lens correction module,
  3. Create a profile from this module only (ctrl-click on save current profile to select appropriate part) using a unique, descriptive name,
  4. With the RAW still loaded activate quick info (shortcut: i),
  5. With the RAW still open go to the Dynamic Profile Rules and select New,
  6. Set processing profile to use the profile created earlier,
  7. Set Camera to the exact name shown in the quick info box,
  8. Set Lens to the name shown in the quick info box !! Not the actual name of the lens!,
  9. Press OK and restart RawTherapee.

That does the trick on my side of things.

I also have this issues, wrong lenses being picked up by RT, using F-mount lenses on Z bodies and used the same way of solving that as well (issue 6291).

Hopefully this issue will be fixed once the exiv2 PR is implemented. Do keep an eye out for that one, you need to remove the created rules/profiles once all is well again.

Have a déjà-vu. If I remember correctly, it was enough to make a rule with only the lens. But I can confirm, that it doesn’t work anymore. I now also have to enter the cam model.

grafik

This works for me with your cam/lens combination.

Ah ha!!!

A combination of specifying the camera and putting my profile last, after Auto-Matched Curve-ISO Low, did the trick.

I don’t know why Auto-Matched Curve - ISO Low.pp3 has any effect on the Profiled Lens Correction tool.

1 Like

It works fine for me in RawTherapee 5.9.

The lens is shown as “AF 24-200mm F/4-6.3” in the infobox, without “NIKON” or “NIKKOR”.

screenshot_20221213_160922

screenshot_20221213_160834

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Dynamic_processing_profiles

It overrides previously defined profiles that have a lens correction section because that specific profile includes this section:

[LensProfile]
LcMode=lfauto
UseDistortion=true
UseVignette=true
UseCA=false

I’m not sure why that is part of this Auto-Matched Curve - ISO Low profile, to be honest.