ΔE are different in the same pic

The delta E computed by check the output deltaE and recompute profile are different as pic below:

I mean these two delta E both compute the pic i haven’t processed yet. Why are they different?
Thanks for your guys!

Check profile initially will be looking at the profile before the rgb CB coefficients are applied… if you do a recompute it will recompute using those so its not unedited data so to speak…the model of none is not none its just not adjusted to optimize a selected parameter like the others…say sky and water or saturated colors… look in the r g and b channels and you will see the values used for the corrections… They are shown in the matrix following calculate/recompute… using the check mark transfers them to the channel mixer settings and you will note the image change…
the delta E provided is staged… showing after input alone then after wb and finally after input wb and cc corrections as determined from your settings…

At least I believe this is what you are seeing…

What you mean is there are three delta E: one is the initial pic,one is the pic after simple process(eg.wb) and the last one is the pic after multiply matrix in adaptation space.Do i understand right? Thanks a lot, you’re so kind.

Hopefully I was able to at least put you in the right mindset…

THe manual… here and a bit beyond explains it pretty well…

https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/module-reference/processing-modules/color-calibration/#delta-e-and-the-quality-report

“The quality report tracks the average and maximum ΔE at the input of the module (before anything is done), after the chromatic adaptation step (white balance only), and at the output of the module (white balance and channel mixing). At each step, the ΔE should be lower than at the previous step, if everything goes as planned.”

THe way you would use the initial profile check button is explained here…

https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/module-reference/processing-modules/color-calibration/#profile-checking

Otherwise you are picking a strategy from the drop down selecting compute and looking at the resulting delta E… If and when you want to apply one to see what it does to the image you hit the check box… The matrix values that you see will be migrated to the channel mixer channels and the image will be updated…

If the manual isn’t enough, this video might help:

I don’t use this functionality, but isn’t the calibration feature to be used with CAT? Here you set that to none (bypass).