Editing question

IMG_5400.CR2.pp3 (14.6 KB)

You can actually. While RT does not have a history panel showing which modules were used like darktable you can just collapse all the menu items on the right hand side of the screen by clicking on the heading and then when you load a new pp3 file (top right, icon that looks like a folder), the various tweaks to the image are visible because they are turned on.

I believe that RT does not have a history panel because “module order” is fixed, e.g. a white balance change is applied before all other changes before exporting. The developers felt that a module order was therefore misleading. You can also open a ppt file in a notepad/ text editor if you really really want to have a peek.

What I find helpful while hanging around these forums in RT, is having all my toolbars collapsed, this is achieved by manually shutting them down and then click on the preferences icon in the lower left.

Under the General tab there is layout, and a tick box “save toolbox collapse/ expanded on exit”, untick that and then click “Save toolbar collapse/ expanded state now” then click ok at the bottom of the preferences menu. After that is done you can load pp3 files and easily see which settings were changed as the toolbars will be “on”, then you can further investigate by opening them up.

One thing to note is that you should save your own PP3 files as you go, it’s very easy to overwrite one that you were working on as you load in another.

1 Like