Edits vanish! using Win10 on 3.0

Hi Folks, this problem seems to have happened all of a sudden though I haven’t really used Dt very much but was now making an effort to really learn it.

Simply put: I make my edits, switch to light table and the edits are gone. There is an xmp file but loading that just shows the original image. I’ve tried to export directly from Dt but the resulting file is the same as the original.

I suspect I have done something stupid though I don’t know what that could be.
Is there a way to “reset” Dt, as I have now uninstalled and re-installed but it seems to remember my old images etc. Would removing a library or config file help?

Any advise would be most welcome! Thank you!

So dt is not saving your edits when you exit the darkroom? Have you accidentally disabled saving .xmp files?

darktable on Windows saves its config files somewhere in AppData/something/darktable I think. The darktablerc file contains your settings, data.db your presets and styles and library.db is, well, your library. If you really want to reset dt, just delete the whole folder.

If it still doesn’t work after that, please start an issue on Github that dt is not saving edits, because that is not supposed to happen.

Solved! I deleted the appdata files… library etc and then reinstalled. Now everything is peachy! Thank you so much for your help! Really looking forward to learning Dt now as V.3 is amazing! Thank you again!

did you import RAW or JPEG file?