Empty File Browser

Hi all,

I am a new RT user. With the latest fast build (4.2.1375) installed, I can only see thumbnails of .jpg files in the RT File Browser. I searched the forum and went to Preference to make sure all file extension types are checked but in vain. I was expecting that as I navigate to a folder, RT would show me thumbnails of all supported image files.

I then uninstall the latest build and go with 4.2.1, but the same issue.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @Jason_Huang Please upload one of the files which you would expect to appear in the file browser, along with a screenshot of the empty file browser.

There are 3 images.

1. showing RT displays the thumbnail of a .jpg file.
  2. the sample PNG file.
  3. showing I navigate to F:/ drive, where I drop the “space cat.png” and RT File Browser is empty.

That’s what it’s showing you. RawTherapee is for photography, as such it supports a vast variety of raw formats, and common varieties of JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats. Indexed images are not supported.

Get the latest development version from Download RawTherapee development builds and upload the sample files using https://filebin.net/ (don’t attach them directly here, they get modified by the forum).

Hi Morgan,

Sorry about the confusion and upload practice. This is embarrassing…All I have to do is double-click on a folder in RT to tell RT to scan this folder.

Now all the thumbnails show up.

Thank you anyway.