enfuse_pro plugin - cross-platform compatible

Happy New Year, Seb.

I’m using “Hugin Stitch Project” to pull in the enfuse and align_image_stack executables. My locations are as follows:

• exiftool: /usr/local/bin/exiftool
  • enfuse: /Applications/Hugin/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/Hugin/enfuse
  • align_image_stack: /Applications/Hugin/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/Hugin/align_image_stack
1 Like

What an idiot : Happy new year to you guys as well. All the best for this year to come :slight_smile:

I’ll test these path in a sec and let you know ! Thanks a lot for the lightning fast response :slight_smile:

In order to run darktable from the terminal, enter the following (in Terminal):

/Applications/darktable.app/Contents/MacOS/darktable -d lua

Ok. Works better that way indeed. Thanks a lot !

Also with Hugin, it exports and start it but then complains immediately that the project refer to images that are not found :

Screenshot 2019-01-08 at 21.07.20.png

However the exported tif are indeed in that /private/var/blah_blah/T/
I’m drifting a bit from Enfuse, sorry.

Ok, my drive is still NTFS… I’ll address that.

Perhaps because the external HDD is formatted as NTFS? If so, have a look here or here

2 Likes

Yep was that, and fixed now. thanks :slight_smile:

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and darktable 2.6.2 and want to add the plugin “enfuseadvanced” but until now without success.

Which more files I need to download then “enfuseadvanced.lua”?
In darktable preferences I cannot find the tab “lua options”.
Are there any “step-by-step” tutorial how to install the plugin?

Thanks
Alf

Hi @alfwerner,

Welcome. How did you install darktable? Was it via the snap package? From looking at the snap package, it doesn’t seem like lua is enabled.

1 Like

Good installation instructions can be found here

I have not made the enfuseAdvanced.lua plugin found on this site work. But the one on GitHub - BzKevin/enfuse_pro_2-dt-plugin: Updated version of Holger Klemm's enfuse_pro plugin for darktable has worked well. Copy it and replace the previous plugin in the /home/arto/.config/darktable/lua/contrib. Replace arto with your own name.
Then change in darktable lua options

2 Likes

310/5000

Thanks @paperdigits and @yteaot for quick reply!
I have installed “darktable” from Ubuntu’s repository.
The tab “lua options” shown in the answer is not in my “darktable”.

Should it be there immediately after installation or do I have to activate it myself?

Maybe I should try to download “darktable” from any PPA?

Alf

I’m pretty sure you have the snap package, because the distro package for 18.04 is 2.4.2, not the latest 2.6 that you have. If you open darktable, then open a terminal and type df -h, do you see something about darktable? If yes, you have the snap package. The snap package doesn’t support lua.

The PPA should solve your problem.

Hi @paperdigits!!

Probably I have change something in my Ubuntu. I used synaptic in ubuntu for the installing. Synaptic screen looks like this:

I will change to darktable 2.4 and inform you if I will success or not.

Thanks for your help!
Alf

Those packages are from the PPA, so maybe lua support isn’t built. I am not sure.

If you’re actually using Mint and not Ubuntu, Mint supports flatpak out of the box, and the flatpak has lua (I put the lua in the flatpak myself).

I have never used Flakpak, but found this page about Ubuntu and Flakpak.
Do you think I can install Flakpak in Ubuntu using that description?
If so, can I find darktable 2.6.2 with lua in Flatpak.
I wanted to test “filmic” and “fusion (in Base Curve)”
and therefore upgraded the darktable to 2.6.2

Yes, flatpak on Ubuntu works fine:

apt install flatpak

Then set up the flathub repo and install darktable from flathub.

Flatpaks are sandboxes, so it won’t use your existing database, but you can copy all the confif files to ~/.var/app/org.darktable.Darktable/darktable/config (or something like that, I’m not at a computer right now. You put the lua stuff in there too.

Hi @paperdigits, @yteaot an all others,

Using following code en "luarc " I can see that “lua” is activated in my Darktable 2.6.2 under Ubuntu 18.04. The message “Hello World” appears when Darktable starts. The luarc file looks like this:

[
local dt = require “darktable”
dt.configuration.check_version(…,{2,0,0},{3,0,0},{4,0,0},{5,0,0})
dt.print(“Hello World”)
require “/home/alf/.config/darktable/lua/enfuseAdvanced”
]

The source code of “enfuseAdvanced” I find here:

[

]

I start Darktable from terminal and can see “Hello World” on screen, but in the terminal I found this message:

[
alf@TimurLenk ~ $ darktable -d lua
2,934007 LUA ERROR : /home/alf/.config/darktable/luarc:4: module ‘/home/alf/.config/darktable/lua/enfuseAdvanced’ not found:
]

Is there on the forum someone who managed to install this plugin in darktable, preferably in ver. 2.6.2?

Maybe I have some syntax error in the last line of “luarc”?

Compatibility issues between plugin and darktable 2.6.2?

Regards
Alf

(It’s never too late to give up!)

Did you download and put enfuseAdvanced.lua plugin into the lua folder? You specified a path in the luarc file, now make sure the file is there.

The content of my luarc file is

require “contrib/gimp”
require “contrib/hugin”
require “contrib/enfuseAdvanced”
require “contrib/HDRMerge”"

and in /home/arto/.config/darktable/lua are (replace arto with your own name)

I have replaced enfuseAvanced.lua in contrib with enfuseAvanced.lua from GitHub - BzKevin/enfuse_pro_2-dt-plugin: Updated version of Holger Klemm's enfuse_pro plugin for darktable

Lua option in darktable as follows

All gimp.lua, hugin.lua , HDRMerge.lua ,enfuseAvanced.lua works in darktable 2.7

Edit:
I have linux Mint 19.2 based on Ubuntu 18.04
DT 7.0 installed from here:
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:/darktable:/master/xUbuntu_18.04/amd64/

I put luarc-file in /home/arto/.config/darktable

Befor all this installed lua script-files as follows

Ensure git is installed on your system. If it isn’t, use the package manager to install it. Then open a terminal and:

cd ~/.config/darktable/
git clone https://github.com/darktable-org/lua-scripts.git lua

@yteaot Hey! Many thanks for your detailed response. I have made little progress using your latest instructions. Previously, I received the message that enfuseAdvanced could not be found. Now it looks like this:

elf @ TimurLenk ~ $ darktable -d lua
3.057364 LUA ERROR: /home/alf/.config/darktable/lua/contrib/enfuseAdvanced.lua:54: module ‘lib / dtutils.file’ not found:

Suppose enfuseAdvanced is now found.

In the “lua” directory, I only have “contrib”, assuming the other six will be added when I configured “git”, which I didn’t know I had to.
Is this the command to config git?

git clone https://github.com/darktable-org/lua-scripts.git lua (without the greyish number)

Will now install darktable 2.7.0 from your link. Since it works for you, I prefer to use the same variant. Has downloaded:

darktable_2.7.0-git1662.6f78ef096.orig.tar.gz

Is this the one you can recommend?

I will tell you how I succeed in this. Do you have more patience with me?

Regards
Alf