err msg trying to run on purism byzantium

I get this error message when attempting to start the program:

user@FS-1:/$ Rapid Photo Downloader
Could not find the database of available applications, run update-command-not-found as root to fix this
Sorry, command-not-found has crashed! Please file a bug report at:
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
Please include the following information with the report:

command-not-found version: 0.3
Python version: 3.9.2 final 0
Distributor ID: PureOS
Description: PureOS
Release: 10.0
Codename: byzantium
Exception information:

local variable ‘cnf’ referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/util.py”, line 23, in crash_guard
callback()
File “/usr/lib/command-not-found”, line 93, in main
if not cnf.advise(args[0], options.ignore_installed) and not options.no_failure_msg:
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘cnf’ referenced before assignment

— any suggested next steps? I am really excited about possibly getting this running… thanks.

How did you install RPD?

I first attempted an install through the ‘software store’. Then when I did not work, I saw that I needed ifuse. I then installed that. When I went to the main site, I then ran the install.py and that install went without error.

launch the program from the command line like this:
rapid-photo-downloader

done.
I get this:

user@FS-1:~$ rapid-photo-downloader
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb, dxcb, xcb, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx.

Fatal Python error: Aborted

Current thread 0x00007f0f9d08f740 (most recent call first):
File “/home/mino/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/raphodo/viewutils.py”, line 518 in any_screen_scaled_qt
File “/home/mino/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/raphodo/viewutils.py”, line 534 in any_screen_scaled
File “/home/mino/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/raphodo/rapid.py”, line 7233 in main
File “/home/mino/.local/bin/rapid-photo-downloader”, line 8 in
Aborted
user@FS-1:~$

You could try exactly as it suggests: set the environment variable QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
If xcb is not loading, as the error suggests, there is no way any Qt based program will run in X11. I’m guessing you don’t have X11 on your phone, or it is not configured like on a regular desktop, etc.

Damon,
Thanks so much for the insight. As a scary noob, I appreciate it. I will need to do some research to determine how to set an environment variable and determine what xcb is. I was trying to get the program running on my laptop before connecting my iphone. I am attempting to install on my laptop. If you have any direction you can point me regarding the environment variable let me know.

The easiest way to do it is to run the command:

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland rapid-photo-downloader

I ran the above with the err msg:
mino@FS-1:~$ sudo QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland rapid-photo-downloader
[sudo] password for mino:
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
Failed to create wl_display (No such file or directory)
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “wayland” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: dxcb, xcb, eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx.

Current thread 0x00007ff51c4c0740 (most recent call first):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/raphodo/viewutils.py”, line 464 in any_screen_scaled_qt
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/raphodo/viewutils.py”, line 480 in any_screen_scaled
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/raphodo/rapid.py”, line 6400 in main
File “/usr/bin/rapid-photo-downloader”, line 33 in
Aborted

Don’t use sudo in the command.

1 Like

ok. Tried that. Here is my err msg:
mino@FS-1:~$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland rapid-photo-downloader
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.9.5) with this library (5.15.2)

Current thread 0x00007feab9238740 (most recent call first):
File “/home/mino/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/raphodo/rapid.py”, line 7544 in main
Aborted

Let’s keep things as simple as possible. I suggest uninstalling the version of Rapid Photo Downloader you installed using the script:

python3 install.py --uninstall-including-pip-dependencies

Then run this:

python3 install.py  --use-system-PyQt5

If after that it also fails to run like this:

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland rapid-photo-downloader

then you give up because it will not work using that installation method. If after that you cannot install it using a package made by whoever put together the OS your device is using, then sorry it won’t work.

mino@FS-1:~/Documents$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland rapid-photo-downloader
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.9.5) with this library (5.15.2)

Current thread 0x00007f7be9a7e740 (most recent call first):
File “/home/mino/.local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/raphodo/rapid.py”, line 7544 in main
Aborted

well, no luck. Thank you so much for your insight - I will likely do more research and see if I can get it running. I appreciate it . It looks to be an awesome app.

Os is PURE os 10

You either didn’t do the uninstall step I suggested, or it didn’t work. This part is vital: --uninstall-including-pip-dependencies

A single program cannot mix and match different versions of Qt. That is why it is crashing. That is what the error message shows.

3 Likes