Error code when trying to open Darktable.

Hello!

I just installed Darktable. When I try to open it, an error message pops up stating

"An unhandled exception occurred.

Backtrace will be written to:

C:/Users/Fujitsu/AppData/Local/Temp/darktable_bt_64XKN1.txt after you click on the OK button.

If you report this issue, please share this backtrace with the developers"

When reading the txt file it states:

darktable.exe caused an Integer division by zero at location 00007FF9BA1FDC39 in module igdrcl64.dll.

I don’t have a lot of knowledge in this, but I have used Darktable on other computers before where it worked fine…

Grateful for answers!

How do I solve this issue? Grateful for answers.

Hej @alltgott och välkommen!

You are on Windows.
From where did you obtain your
copy of darktable? Version?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Hi @alltgott the DLL belongs to the Intel graphic driver. Perhaps you may check, if you have the latest driver installed?
Cheers, Lars.

Thank you for the answer, 3.8.1 from the official dark table web site.

Yes, the drivers are updated

Try starting darktable with OpenCL disabled.

darktable --disable-opencl

How do I do that?

From the command-line (command prompt, terminal) of your operating system…
On Windows:

And then:

On Linux it would be the same, most probably without having to use a cd command. On a Mac, I don’t know.

See also: darktable 4.2 user manual - darktable

2 Likes

Also more info around logs here:

1 Like

Thanks but it didn’t work, the same error window shows up.

Is it a fresh installation, or do you have a configuration directory and a database? You can use flags (see the manual linked above) to temporarily switch to an empty directory for your config and database. Do you get the same error? Does your log still contain the same message?

No, it is not a “fresh installation”, I “have a configuration directory and a database”. I have daktable installed in my computer for quite a long time.

I don’t know how to use flags and I don’t see where is the link you mentioned.

command line switches or options in Windows speak… add --configdir “path” to the end of your command to run DT… easy way is to copy your desktop shortcut and modify… make path a new empty directory… this will run DT with new default config files… if it runs then maybe indicates an issue with database corruption or other

to get some more information you can run darktable from command line with debug logging:
darktable -d common
Then you may provide the output (see faq | darktable) and also the bugtrace mentioned in the error message window.
No one can help without that information - just arbitrary guessing…

to exclude a corrupt config you can rename your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\darktable to something something different so darktable can start with a clean config. If darktable now starts successfully then it’s not an issue of your system config but your darktable config.

The link was in this post:

Unfortunately, right now the documentation site is down.

You may try the documentation pages of the development version:

https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/special-topics/program-invocation/darktable/