error in denoise_cnn when library is updated

Using both the latest (at the moment) 316 dev builds for Windows, but also using the stable 315 build for Windows, I encounter this:

A simple commandline as gmic input.tif div 257 resize_mn 20%,20% +denoise_cnn 0,32 works.
Something like gmic input.tif div 257 resize_mn 20%,20% +fx_denoise 0,1,1 also works.

Now, if I update the library (gmic up), I start to encounter errors like this with either of both commands:

[gmic] *** Error in ./fx_denoise/*repeat/denoise_cnn/run/nn_trainer/*if/*repeat/*if/ *** Command 'f': Invalid selection [X0] (undefined label 'X0').

If I delete the update315.mic from my user directory (%APPDATA%\gmic\update315.gmic under Windows) the commands work again!

But, I can’t use all the commands in the gmic-qt library, for instance gcd_auto_balance does not exist. If I update the library, gcd_auto_balance is there, but I get the errors again trying to use denoise_cnn or fx_denoise.

note:
Yes, I use update315.gmic when using 3.15 stable, and update316.gmic when using 3.16-pre, in case this raises questions…

edit:
For what it’s worth: If I download the latest 3.16 ‘pre’ release from the gmic-community repo (Releases · GreycLab/gmic-community · GitHub) and fetch the update316.gmic from that, it works fine. So that release is still good, but whatever gmic up uses to fetch has some errors somewhere in it.

You are right, my fault.
I’ve pushed a new update that should fix this issue.
Let me know!

:tada:
gmic up and it works (tested on 3.16pre, didn’t test 3.15)

Thanks!

1 Like