ERROR: iop order looks bad, aborting.

After I compiled darktable from master and made some use of the app, I reverted git to 3.6.0, the compilation was ok, but when running the app I got:

$ darktable
[dt_ioppr_check_so_iop_order] missing iop_order for module diffuse
[dt_ioppr_check_so_iop_order] missing iop_order for module blurs
ERROR: iop order looks bad, aborting.

What does it mean? what can I do in order to run darktable?

Some files from the build of the master branch are left over in the directory where it’s installed. Delete the installation directory, compile and install again, and it should work.
Same thing happened to me recently and it took a while to figure out what was going on…

1 Like

Don’t run your tests on same db/config as your production runs :wink:

Delete the installation directory, compile and install again, and it should work

done, no luck! :frowning:

Try deleting both the installation directory and the build directory within the project, and rebuild and install from scratch. If that doesn’t fix it I’m not sure what’s going on.

Diffuse and Blurs were not in 3.6 so I think its the build directory…

Don’t run your tests on same db/config as your production runs

how do I keep two versions on the same pc?

Use the --configdir command line parameter to have one of the versions use an alternate config / db directory. The default directory on Linux is ~/.config/darktable.

On my system I have the stable version 3.6.0 installed in the default location using the distribution’s package, and that one uses the default config directory. I then have the latest git version installed in /home/paolo/darktable, and I use this shell script to run it with an alternate directory:

#!/bin/sh
/home/paolo/darktable/bin/darktable --configdir "~/.config/darktable-test" "$@"
1 Like

thank you, I’m only missing how do I install darktable (make install …) so that it’s installed to a custom directory

Use the --prefix parameter to the build script. When I build and install it, the command is:

./build.sh --prefix /home/paolo/darktable --build-type Release --install