Error with patdavid-color-decompose.scm

I’ve placed patdavid-color-decompose.scm in my scripts folder and tried running it. I get ten layers, LAB-L is the last, and then I get the error message:

Execution error for ‘Color Decompose’:
Error: Procedure execution of plug-in-decompose failed

I suspect I am missing two layers.

This is on a Windows 10 64 bit running GIMP 2.10.6.

Any advice?

Good question. I hadn’t updated that script in a while, and there’s possibly a change in names somewhere. I can try to have a look later or tomorrow when I’m at a handy GIMP install.

[edit] - what is the exact text of the error message? The script may be working fine, just exiting poorly.

That’s the exact text. Plus the typical additional message that GIMP may be in an unstable state and images should be saved.

I don’t know what all it is supposed to produce, but I suspect what is missing is the two LUMA layers.

I don’t often do my pix in B&W, but I got the same error and mentioned it in a post a few months ago, so I’m following this thread.

I did not consider the error a big deal at the time, because the script already DID produce so many different types of color decomposition, I figured that getting another 2 or three versions would not help all that much.

Odd, I just tried this downloading a fresh copy of the script and it appears to work w/o tripping an error (GIMP 2.10.6). Which version of GIMP are you on?

The B&W layers should be:

That’s:

• Luma - y709f
  • Luma - y470f
  • LAB - L
  • CMYK - K
  • HSL - Lightness
  • HSV - Value
  • RGB - Blue
  • RGB - Green
  • RGB - Red

Also, for reference, here’s the script I’m using:

… and it seems to work just fine in The Gimp 2.10.6
and Manjaro xfce 18.0. @patdavid

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

@patdavid I got it to work properly when I updated the script to the one you linked on github.

Your article on B&W conversion points to the Gimp registry (dead?) and an old version on Google Drive.

Maybe you can update the link in the B&W conversion article?

I can’t say enough…thanks for all your efforts to help people create better images!

2 Likes

Yikes, good catch, thank you for that @Stampede! I’ll update the post asap.

(Also, yay, it works!)

1 Like

My problem was the old link also. I was using the script downloaded from Google. Yes, it does work! Thank you, Pat, not only for that script, but also all your excellent articles.

3 Likes