exif information not available on jpg when exported from a nef fille with RAWTHERAPEE

Hi,
i use Rawtherapee 5.8 under Linux OS; the exif information are not available in jpg file when i export from a NEF raw file.
It is only with nef files, it is working well with CR2 ORF RAF files.
the jpg files directly taken from the device have all the exif information, on the other hand if I treat a nef file with rawtherapee, there the exif information disappears

I just checked and you are using the old 5.8 version, which, indeed, has this issue.

This problem is already solved, though.

I would strongly advise you to use one of the latest development versions until the new release comes available. These development versions have many new/fixed features, added support for new camera types and solve a lot of issues that are present in the stable, but very old, 5.8 version.

Have a look here for the download that suits your OS:

BTW: Welcome to Pixls!

The dev version has exactly the same problem, the same bug unless i don’t took the good version; i tried also Art that correct the problem but the profiles are not compatible

I just retested this with 5 different Nikon cameras, my own 2 Nikons included. They all show all the exif info when exported to JPG.

I tested these this with: D800, D750, D7000, Z6 and Z6ii

Can you tell us a bit more?

• Which RawTherapee version are you using (Preferences->About - right bottom corner)?
  • Which specific Nikon camera are you using?
  • Is this with all NEF RAWs on your side of things?

version 5.8-3134-g200e2de86 and the cam is the nikon 7 II; i can see the exif on nef file but as soon i export as jpg no more exif data

My first test was with a Nikon Z7ii and that worked nicely:

You didn’t answer this question: Is this with one NEF or with all the NEFs?

Can you share a RAW, the pp3 and the exported jpg?

all the “nef” on which I make changes with rawtherapee; if I take the jpg generated by the device, I can see the exif

i don’t know how to share my files with you …

How do you transfer the NEFs from your camera to your computer? Do you use Nikon software to do that?

Just drag-and-drop them into the reply window and wait until they are uploaded before pressing the reply button.

EDIT: Fixed a double word.

_Z721299-exif.jpg.out.pp3 (13.7 KB)

Uploading: _Z721299.NEF…

Your NEF upload did not work, but…

I had a look at the jpg you uploaded: All the exif data is present!

Here’s a text file with all the extracted data

Not sure how you look at or extract the exif information, but it is there.

no they are not or i sent you the wrong file; i test it with digikam and with a many gallery photo and all the same i have them when it is coming from the cam and as soon i treat it with rawtherapee i don’t see them: i will redo the test with one file i am sure of.

You are right ! This morning after a good cup of coffee, I redid the tests with the same files then with new ones, yesterday it was a bit confusing after all these tests; I have the “exif” information if I process the files with the development version of Rawtherapee, it works!
it is a great relief and I am impressed with your skills; a big thank-you