Experimenting with a toy

I shot these two pictures through a toy prism (one of those cubes with a prism in one end). It’s fun trying something new now and then.

Experiment med leksak-0005

Experiment med leksak-0002

I did not do much editing. I upped local contrast (“clarity”) and saturation and used the dehaze module. I made a fake vignette with the exposure module.

2 Likes

By the way, I’m interested in how you interpret these pictures. What do they make you think of? Which mood do you get from them?

To me, the first is a fingerprint, and not interesting.

The second is the face of an owl, perhaps a barn owl, in slight profile. The vertical light triangle is the nose, the dark patch upper-right is an eye, the green patch on the right is a wing. It is placid, peaceful, as owls often are (to me). Nice.

1 Like

Thank you for your interpretation. Always interesting to hear what others see in an abstract picture. Both photos are of my wife, sitting in a comfy chair… :slight_smile:

I see the lady. The photos remind me of the ghost finding or mystery TV shows.

1 Like

The first one is a Madonna like you see in churches or on paintings (a devoted look), the second one is without any doubt a Greek pharao ! Well seen in your little toy. :wink:

2 Likes

Ties into my comment. Documentary TV channels are full of Madonna and pharaoh mysteries. I bet @emem’s wife is just as fascinating. Hope she doesn’t mind being on the inter-webs. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When I saw the second image again, before reading the comments, I clearly saw a human face, with a pharoah-like head-dress. And now I’ve seen that, it is difficult to see an owl.

1 Like

No, she does not mind…