Explanation of various filters

I recently switched to ART from RT. ART is closer to my requirements especially the handling of digiKam tags. However, I find many of the options different than RT. As and example Tone Equalizer and Regularization instead of Exposure. Is there any place where I can read up about these options? Would be easy for me to make a transition.

Hello, for the moment there is no official documentation for Art. However, in the documentation section of Art’s home page you can find some docs and videos about different aspects of the program.

With regard to the Tone Equalizer, check the box ‘Show color map’ to see which sliders affect which areas of the photo. In conjunction with the contrast slider in the module Tone curves, one can correct the exposure for most raws (and jpgs and tiffs).

The Regularization slider is a kind of fine-tuner.

@paulmatth Thanks. Will try. I guess there’s a learning curve ahead!

Hello @mmjoshi, Art has a certain learning curce indeed - like all software - but the good news is that this program is much easier to learn than RawTherapee!

And if things are not clear, just ask here on this forum, there are quite some knowledgeable people around who are willing to help others.