export & queue settings

RT5.4 on Manjaro

I save and export:

In editor: Ctrl-S. At the bottom of the save box there is file format (jpeg) jpeg quality (75) and subsampling (best compression). I press OK and it places the image in the queue tab.

I switch to the queue tab and on the top right again: file format, quality and subsampling.

The problem is that the queue tab has the previous setting from the queue and not the settings from the CTRL-S in the editor tab.

Is this something that I’m doing wrong or that’s the way it’s supposed to be?

Thanks

Syv

Good evening, Syv,

Ctrl-S, bottom part, right half:
Have you selected Save immediately or Put to the head/end of the processing queue?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Usually it’s in the “Put to the end of the processing queue” but it’s very rare that I have more than 1 image in the queue.

Thanks

Syv

Currently the behaviour is a bit intransparent to the user.

If you put to queue by using the queue icon, the image will be processed with the current settings of the queue.

If you put to queue by using the save-dialog, the image will be processed in the queue with the settings you had in the save-dialog, not the settings in queue dialog.

Iirc you can for example add an image to queue by using the save dialog as jpeg and another one (or the same) as tiff. The queue will process them with the settings you used in save-dialog and output a jpeg and a tiff, ignoring the settings of the queue dialog for this files.

1 Like