Exported image has different quality than image in ART

Hi to all!
I’m new of this forum and a new user of very good sw ART 1.21.1.
I would like to know if any of you have noticed this difference: when I export the image in jpg, after the necessary corrections, the quality of the exported image is much higher and sharper than that displayed in ART.
Essentially there is no synchrony between the image during the corrections in ART and the exported one.
Thanks to all!

Hi,
do you have an example? This is not expected (there might be some differences, depending on which tools you use, but generally they should be minor)

Hi Alberto,
I put two screenshot, one of GUI (less sharp for me) and other with xnview (more sharp) at the same zoom (I hope).

Thanks for your opinion.

Hi,
can you share the file and the arp sidecar? Thanks!

Hi, yes.
DSCF6910-2.jpg.out.arp (11.9 KB)
DSCF6910.RAF.arp (61.3 KB)
RAF file is 50MB. Is it the same if I put it in cloud and I send you a link?

Hi,
this might be caused by differences in downscaling algorithms used by ART and your image viewer. It’s hard to tell for sure, but if your viewer is using an algorithm that does some sharpening when downscaling, that might explain it. Also, you are using some extreme settings for local contrast, which might also have an impact (though I’m not sure). Sorry that I can’t be more precise right now…

I use this as my viewer and I think its a good call to check the settings as there are some in here that could impact what you would see…

I can’t recall if I change any over time so defaults might be different than this but there are definitely settings for scaling and sharpness that could be active…

@edo

How do they compare if you bring the jpg back into ART??

Is it possible to compare another image, e.g. a Jpeg, with the one currently being edited in the ART editor?

From a brief check you can if you don’t scale the export differently…then you can set the raw processed preview to 100% and if you export the jpg to the same folder it will be the next file and you can go back and forth… If they are not the same size then the zoom changes…The inspector has a really nice setup to explore a key or chosen image with any others in the rest in the folder but that is not using the edit info for a raw file just some options for displaying a previewed version…

Hi Alberto and Priort and all,
I think I understand what you means a little bit.
Now I’m at home and I opened Art with another pc and different monitor… Two images seams identical.
Maybe it’s the monitor’s fault/different? Or a different settings of XnviewMp in other pc?
Maybe yes, because now I played with same raf img but different corrections and then exported in jpg and image is identical as the one in ART.
Thanks a lot to everybody. [solved]

1 Like

Hello @priort
Thanks for the tip. But I always use digiKam to compare images.

It would just be nice if you could compare the image currently being edited in the editor with other versions. But if it’s not possible, that’s not so important.

I am saying you can unless you scale the export. As long as it’s the same number of pixels Art won’t jump to a new zoom…

1 Like

Hello Todd,
Comparing images in “Inspect” works perfectly. I’ve learned something new again. Thank you.