Exposure/Contrast/WB on Antique Cheese Keeper

It’s lovely, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Testuda You probably have enough info to try again. :wink: If you have any questions about dt, you can always start a new thread or post in an existing one.

2 Likes

Will do! Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

@Tim, you have unique postprocessing style. Quite strong loss of details, warm (bit too warm) colors but your interpretations of turtle or cheesekeeper have “this something”. I like it.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice image composition, well exposed and focused and background that fits to the flowers. I highlighted the front side a bit, and made the white balance a bit warmer after taking a sample in the upper right border of the front side of the dish.

DSC_0156 (2).NEF.xmp (20.6 KB, darktable 3.3)

Recommendations for the next shot:

• The light seems to come from the left side, the front side with the flowers is in the shadow. I would turn the front side into the light
  • The shot was taken with ISO 640 and 1/160 seconds. You could take that shot with ISO 100 and longer exposure time. That would give you less noise.
2 Likes

Beautiful, thank you for the edit and the suggestions! I had two lights, one from each side… But I should have had one of them at more of an angle.

Welcome to the forum & thanks for sharing !

DSC_0156 (2).NEF.xmp (17.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Marco! <3