Exposure in Natron

Hello,

I’m following this written tutorial, page 1777: https://thefoundry.s3.amazonaws.com/products/nuke/releases/12.1v2/Nuke12.1v2_UserGuide.pdf

I can’t find the Exposure node so how can I do the same thing in Natron?

By the way, I’m a Fusion user.

Please help me.

You can adjust the blackpoint with a grade node which works similarly to Nuke’s. The slider is labelled “black” in Natron 2.3.14 and “lift” (as it is in Nuke) in 2.3.15 beta.

Keep in mind this doesn’t serve exactly the same purpose as Nuke’s Exposure node (no colourspace option for example) but it will let you do what you want to here and likely in the future as well, I pretty much never use the exposure node when comping in Nuke. If you want to adjust the RGB values independently you’ll need three different grade nodes with the respective channel checked on at the top.

Thank you Hank.

Actually in my 2.3.15 RC22, the grade node has both blackpoint slider and lift slider. With the footage given in the tutorial, red channel checked, both sliders deliver the same result when adjusted in the opposite way.

By the way, how can I enable “full frame processing” mode in Natron?

They said it’s implemented in this issue: FeatReq: frame processing viewer options · Issue #1261 · MrKepzie/Natron · GitHub

Yep! Previously they were labelled incorrectly but that’s fixed now.

The full frame processing option is the gears icon in the viewer, you’ll most likely want that on all the time as it makes the viewer much more reliable in my experience.

1 Like