External Editor Affinity Photo

I am about to start processing my raw images from a Nikon DSLR in Raw Therapee. I want to do the remainder of my processing in Affinity Photo. I have input the location of the Affinity Photo “.exe” file in the External Editor Custom command line line in the General menu of the Preferences section. However, when I click on Save, the program takes me to the folder location to save the file and not to the Affinity Photo editor. What else do I need to do to activate the remainder of the editing directly in Affinity Photo? Thanks

Hi, and welcome.

You may wish to read this:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Edit_Current_Image_in_External_Editor

2 Likes

Definitely read up as @XavAL already mentioned, but in the meantime you don’t want to use save but rather the Edit Current Image in External Editor button that looks like this: Palette-brush

2 Likes

Thanks. I played around some more and found that Edit button and it worked!

Now, on to more productive post processing.

4 Likes

OT Warning!

I am just curious, what you want to edit in Affinity? I use affinity for things dt/rt/gimp can’t do, namely focus stacking and panorama. Other than that I rarely use it but always think I should have a closer look.

Hello,
Affinity is really cheap software that does a very good amount of work.
It wants to be a “Photoshop clone” and it’s getting…
Affinity, among other things, uses adjustment layers, which means that throughout the progress of the work, you can come back to adjust again a previously setting , which means that an adjustment is not final once made, as long as you haven’t merged it.
I’m missing out on a lot of good things that this software allows.
Indeed, in Affinity, the use of RT for RAW processing is a good idea because in my opinion, it is the only place where Affinity is a little “weak” …