External editor script not working in 4.8

Since upgrading to 4.8, the external editor is now giving an error message “unable to load Photoshop”

win 10 22H2

I’m wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with their external editing software?

Thanks

I don’t have photoshop…if I do export to collection and create the tiff I can use the script to go out to On1 and back as usual… my Affinity photo has stopped working because Affinity now installs in a system directory and access is restricted. I see others have complained about this on the affinity forum…

I guess you can check to be sure its still correctly specified in the config portion of the script in lua preferences and double check the command line there for photoshop…other than that I know this isn’t much help but it does work for ON1 …

Affinity Photo has special app to do this - Launcher.
You call Launcher from anywhere, Launcher calls Photo from system dir

I checked the path and it’s the same as before. I can work around it through my dam software after the tiff is created. Even so, it would be nice if it did work. Maybe a dev could look to see if anything has changed since 4.6.

is it photoshop only ??

I took a quick look I am on Win 11 … I have it in my start menu and pinned to the task bar but you can’t or I cant get to that command line as you would with a normal short cut…Where is the launcher located…

I’ll google for it…thanks for the tip

EDIT I found it thanks …

No, IMatch dam software, Corel Draw

The link you provided is from November 2022 - and there was a lot of pushback from users at the time. Serif finally relented and began providing an exe version as well as an msix version of their software. If you log in to your account and go to the download page you should be able to download the exe version (it just isn’t very obvious). You can then uninstall msix and install the exe version.

I should add that this was still the case a couple of months ago. I switched from Windows to Linux in April and now use Darktable exclusively. My Affinity account has been deleted so I am unable to see if the exe version is currently available - but I suspect it is.

I will check that out. I don’t really use it much but I bought it one time when it was essentially 25 US dollars… The launcher works on its own but not with the LUA script so this might be the answer or for the amount I use it I can just do the exporting and importing manually…thank you for taking the time to provide that information…

Edit
You are right its sort of hidden but thanks to you I knew to keep looking…

1 Like

Okay, I got it working. Very convoluted procedure, but all is good.

1 Like