failed to start raw-Therapee

compiled version, as described in the wiki, failed to start with the message

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Gio::Error'

Youā€™ll need to give us way more detail than this. What vereion, what OS? Etc etc

Thatā€™s right, thatā€™s not enough information.
Latest Debian stable with Plasma as surface, RawTherapee compiled as described on Linux - RawPedia. RawTherapee started from an xTerm with ā€œ~/programs/rawtherapee/rawtherapeeā€ only throws the error message ā€œterminate called after throwing an instance of ā€˜Gio::Errorā€™ā€.

I think @floessie uses Debian and may know whether compilation works or not.

Not a solution, but just to let you know this isnā€™t a Debian issue per se: Iā€™m on Debian, albeit still on the previous version (Buster/10.12), and always build/compile RawTherapee myself: No problems here.

Okay, I installed Debian 11 with KDE as a virtual machine and had zero issues with compilation. So letā€™s try to troubleshoot:

• Is your system fully up to date?
  • Try again by completely emptying the ./build folder and try compiling again
  • Try compiling the debug version and see if you can get a stacktrace for the crash (RawPedia has an explanation)
1 Like

I can also only add that I had no problems with compilation or running RT on Debian 11.3 AMD64 recently. But I use XFCE instead of KDEā€¦

Ok, strange behavior. If I delete all that sounds like rawtherapee in my .config folder rawtherapee starts up. Starting rawtherapee from the Plasma konsole i get al lot of messages like

(rawtherapee:9969): IBUS-WARNING **: 17:01:03.757: Create input context failed: ZeitĆ¼berschreitung wurde erreicht.

killing every process with something like ibus in the name, rawtherapee works fine. But i donā€™t understand why rawtherapee is the only software that have a problem with the ibus-deamon.

it seems

Remove: fcitx5:amd64 (5.0.5-1)
Purge: fcitx5-modules:amd64 (5.0.5-1)

is the solution