Favorite Modules not being saved between sessions . . . B>/

I have installed 2.6.2 on my new ASUS Zenbook Flip 14. During my first editing session I set up my Favorite Modules as I have them on my desktop . . .
All worked fine - shutdown after awhile, BUT, when I opened dt the next day, my Favorite Modules category was empty . . .
*Your thoughts/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Barry - Richmond VA

What OS? Did the confog file and databases get created?

feeling foolish, but could you clarify where these can be viewed?
… how could/would they be created . . .
thanks, B

BTW windows 10 #1809 (newest update could not yet bw installed because my ASUS “is not ready” . . .

located the config file at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\darktable\darktablerc and it is there

looked for the
“$HOME/.config/ darktable /library. db ” directory, but can’t seem to locate it - can you point me to the directory in which it should be located?
did find some files in AppData which seem to be for db, but they are locked and throw a warning if I try opening them - DATA file is 148kb, if that’s significant . . .

Database files should be in the same location as your darktablerc file, I think.

that is where they are, one named DATA (148kb), the other LIBRARY (3648kb) . . . both have adjacent LOCK files and are 1kb each (don’t openin windows without an app which is not installed) . . .

If darktable is closed, you can delete the lock files.

will they be recreated upon reopening? I’m unclear as to what this will accomplish, please explain - sorry for my ignorance, this is deeper than I usually dive and I seek to understand the objective . . .

The lock files should only be there if DT is running. If they’re there when DT isn’t running, it means DT crashed.

closed down dt and lock files are no longer present.
reopen dt and Favorites are no longer present and lock files are present
B>/
would uninstalling and reinstalling 2.6.2 be indicated? . . .

SOLVED . . . it seems at the moment . . .
Uninstalled with program directory Uninstaller - double-checked user directory and deleted Roaming dt directory- Downloaded new copy Windows 2.6.2 install file - installed - opened program and set up Favorites - Closed dt - reopened dt & Favorites were there!
Will now go read a book . . . B>)
and Thank you for your help paperdigits! . . .