filmic option is gone

Hi, i update darktable from 2.6.3 to 3.0.0 and i have some troubles.
The “filmic option” is gone and i cant find it to edit new photos but with the ones i edited with the old version this option is showing.

In 3.0, the module is now called Filmic RGB. It is probably in the “More Modules” module at the bottom right of the darkroom view. Find it there and click it so it shows up, or type “filmic” into the module search box at the top of the modules groups list in the darktable view.

Filmic RGB is not a different module? Because on my oldest photos where i used “Filmic” i can apply both

for old edits it will of course still show the old module so you can keep using it. but for new edits people should transition to the new workflow.

see those threads maybe:

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to the community! Darktable 3.0 is rather major release with huge number of changes including workflow-specific things.

Yup, you should check darktable 3.0 | darktable where you can find this bit:

I recommend that you read above linked article and https://www.darktable.org/2019/12/darktable-3.0.0-released/ to find out what’s new and changed in dt 3.0

The threads mentioned by @darix are great, I’d also recommend following videos (do keep in mind that the ones by @anon41087856 are a bit more in-depth and thus give better info overall):

Have happy and productive editing with new darktable!

2 Likes