Filmulator AppImage available!

Thanks to help from @probonopd and @Carmelo_DrRaw, Filmulator now has an AppImage release! No more do you need to build it from source.

You can get it from the Filmulator Releases page.

8 Likes

I’ve fixed an issue that was discovered in the IRC, wherein you can’t actually edit images in the same editor session as the first time you edit a photo.

This is resolved in v0.6.2.

Want to try… but get errors on Ubuntu 16.04

$ ./Filmulator-git.5255426-x86_64.AppImage 
APPDIR: /tmp/.mount_FilmulhQ2d1M
dbSetup old version: 8
loading UI from copy in appdir directory
QGLXContext: Failed to create dummy context
file:///tmp/.mount_FilmulhQ2d1M/usr/qml/gui_components/ToolSlider.qml:93:5: QML SlipperySlider: Binding loop detected for property "value"
file:///tmp/.mount_FilmulhQ2d1M/usr/qml/gui_components/ToolSlider.qml:93:5: QML SlipperySlider: Binding loop detected for property "value"
Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(DoubleBuffer), swapInterval 1, profile  QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile)) 
Aborted

Are you using an Nvidia card? I searched for that error and it seems to be related. Can you try getting the newest version driver for your card, whatever it is?

Exactly, I use NVIDIA card. Unfortunately I don’t want change the driver because it is my working machine at university lab. Once I have already broken my system by playing with NVIDIA drivers.

Thanks! It runs fine (but slow) in 64-bit Arch Linux in a virtual machine.

I have a KDE neon box with a nvidia card that I can try and use to reproduce.

Can you tell @paperdigits what version number driver you have installed?

The latest appimage works for me using nvidia proprietary driver 378.13 on KDE neon which is based on Ubuntu 16.04 and my GTX970.

If you’re not using https://launchpad.net/~graphics-drivers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa I highly suggest you give it a look. Combined with ubuntus Additional Drivers tool for automatically changing driver versions, this is one of ubuntu’s best features.