Filmulator "Nightly" Builds: Now for Windows and Linux

As long as the docs for master are current, I’ll be okay, as I’m thinking of gutting what I’ve already done which comprehends both the 0.3.2 and 0.3.95 APIs. I already conditionally include lensfun in my .configure, so it can be left out by folks wanting to compile but not have to deal with the separate library.

I still haven’t figured out Windows builds, but I’ve made a huge usability update so it’s time for a new build.

Scrolling in the queue and Organize view had been janky for so long, so I sat down today and fixed it. All of the scrolling has been improved, and I’ve added a scrollbar to the queue.

Additionally I fixed a bug where Auto CA Correction, when enabled by default as a result of saving a lens correction preference, wouldn’t be applied unless selected manually.

All scrollbars are now present.

Is it possible to build Filmulator with librtprocess package installed in /d/programmes/librtprocess/RTPROCESS64 ?
What needs to be done?
Thanks

On Windows?

I’m not sure how to get it to link with a dll(?) located elsewhere.

For that matter, I still need help getting the latest git Lensfun building on Windows…

Yes with MSYS2.

• librtprocess :
    I am able to build Siril with the same librtprocess, only adding
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/lib/pkgconfig:"$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
    Doing that, my intent is to build for a few architectures as skylake (my PC architecture), Ryzen and icelake in addition to generic, so I need to link to different optimised versions of dependencies. They cannot all be included in /mingw64

I also build locally:

• exiv2 (one generic version) as the MSYS2 version has an issue with exception propagation. last version used: Exiv2_0.27_cxx_standard2_v0.27.2-255-gc51a8aa8-unicode
    as v0.27.3 bugs ART
  • lcms2 for the four architectures above for performance reasons
    LCMS2_master_2.11-11-g29b0d79
  • lensfun (one generic version) as I cannot be confident in what is build in MSYS2 as 0.3.95.2 version as I see no such tag in the git repo.
    last build:
    lensfun_master_v0.3.95-517-g609148cc
    It uses version_2 DB that I directly update with @ggbutcher tool.
    see C++ Lensfun Database Routine/Program
    v0.3.2 is so old and v0.3.95 is buggy so it seems impossible to find a stable version.

build script:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" -DBUILD_TESTS=OFF  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<your-install-dir> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DATAROOTDIR=<your-install-dir>/share <lensfun-local-repo> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
make
    make install
 cd ..  

Be aware that the DB included in the installation is not necessary up to date.

Filmulator is now building again on Windows! Check it out!

2 Likes

Filmulator now has keyboard shortcuts!

Right/Left switches between images in the queue.
Ctrl/cmd-1234 switches tabs.
X marks the current image for deletion.
0-5 (if on the Filmulate tab) gives the current image that rating.
B changes the background brightness in the editor.
C initiates or ends cropping.
Ctrl/cmd-S saves a jpeg.

I did some work to prep Filmulator for Qt 6, and as a result I fixed a time zone bug and removed the calendar from the Organize tab (which was intermittently buggy anyway).

2 Likes

I fixed an import bug where if there are N subdirectories with raw files in them, it would miss importing the last N-1 files…

Also another bug where if there are no raw files contained, it would just crash.

I just inverted the order so that newest builds are on the top.

1 Like

I found and fixed a bug in highlight rolloff, and made it so that the film area is displayed.

Hi!
I’ve just installed Appimage 0.9.0 (on up-to-date Manjaro).
Runs smoothly so far…
For some reason, it does not save the processed file (neither tiff nor jpeg).
No error messages.
Can be something to do with permissions.
Is there anything I can do?
EDIT : Oh! Sorry! I’ve found that it DID save the processed file.
Apparently, Filmulator created a new directory under my /home and saved there.
I was not expecting this (creation of a new directory).
So it is my ignorance only,
: )

Another update:

• When you enqueue a photo by double-clicking from the organize view, it briefly flashes orange for feedback
  • Make the date histogram scrollbar translucent when expanded so that it doesn’t obscure the month text
  • Fix a typo for the “max rating” filter in organize
  • When you use right or left to switch images, the queue will move to ensure that the active image is visible.

Little comment just to say: Awesome that you’re working on this. I use Filmulator more and more now that there are Windows builds and parameters to tweak.

Dumping load of pictures into DXO PhotoLab with only ‘repair’ options enabled (sharpening, denoise, vignetting, lens distortion, NO lightning or contrast changes). All pictures are set to ‘highlight priority exposure mode’ to save highlights and export to DNG.

Those DNGs are added to Filmulator to very quickly just set exposure and let the look be set by Filmulator. Low dynamic range or high dynamic range… I just set exposure to where I want it, and maybe tweak drama and rolloff a bit and save to tiff… And on to the next photo.

Very nice to go somewhat quickly over large batches of pictures which have exposures all over the place.

3 Likes

I added a commandline flag, -i, which when followed up by the path to a single raw file will automatically import and load that image.

EDIT: 0.9.1rc3 is messed up. Don’t use it.

0.9.1rc4 should fix that issue.

0.9.1 RC5 no longer requires the -i flag.

Hopefully this lets “right click → open with” on Windows work.

It’s possible to add a registry entry on Windows that adds a specific entry to the right-click menu, to ‘open with Filmulator’… that entry can define command-line parameters to use in such a case.

The method to ‘open with a program of your choice, here is a list of programs’ requires the program to support ‘just getting the filename, nothing else’.

If one method is causing problems for you, the other one can still work pretty well for people.

0.9.1 RC6 has a German localization now.

0.9.1 RC7 lets you turn off the German translation if you’d like, and also enables EXIF writing for TIFFs.

1 Like