Firefox "find" doesn't seem to work for searching a thread

I’ve been reading through this very interesting thread: Diagonal interpolation correction artifacts with AMaZE Demosaicing

Several times I’ve wanted to go back and reread something, and so used (tried to use) Firefox’s “Edit/Find” to locate mentions of some particular word. But “find” doesn’t seem to work unless I first go to “View/Page Style” and select “No Style”, at which point the forum styles are all gone, and it’s still a bit difficult to find particular words because the page is arranged oddly when the style is diabled.

For example, try using “find” to search for the words “PhotoShop” or “GIMP” in the above thread - at least on my computer, the words aren’t found. This is true in both Firefox (52.4.1) and in the Palemoon version of Firefox.

@Elle If I want to use the native Find, press CTRL+F twice. Each time you press these shortcut keys, the browser toggles between Find and discourse search.

Edit: New Firefox finds its native Find everytime! Alternatively, you could just use discourse’s Search this topic feature. @darix beat me to this latter point :slight_smile:. Anyway, the point is that I use both functions.

Use the search icon from discourse in the upper right and tick the “search in topic” box.

The whole thread is normally not loaded, but fetched in chunks via JS.

I’m using IE11 but yes there is something odd going on. If I do ctrl F in “diagonal interpolation…” it’s as if Pixls intercepts it and gives me a “search this thread” checkbox plus appearances in the thread. But if I do ctrl F in the “python for image…” thread, IE does a “native” search box up top in one of the IE bars.

Thanks! that works!