First attempt to process a Mosaic of M31

I migrated from using the scripts on 0.99.10 to Sirilic and Siril 1.0.0 RC1 . Wow, it works great. I was trying a Mosaic of M31 so I used sessions for each panel of my Mosaic and stopped the process before registring the 4 sessions because I was not sure of the result when registring a Mosaic. I have to try it to see if the resulting image will have all 4 panels.
I had some errors in running the script that I was not able to identify so I will attach the log to the post in case there is a know answer.

M31 Log file.txt (2.2 MB)

Siril has no support for mosaic assembly. You may stack you points of view independently and assemble them in a specialized software I guess.
I don’t know why you have these error messages.
Note that your master dark and dark-flat must be calibrated by removing the master bias if you do this processing pipeline.

Thanks Vincent. Even if Siril has no formal way to process Mosaics, using “Sessions” and not stacking the sessions after registering gave me 4 .TIF files for each filter that I stitched with ICE (Image Composite Editor). It worked OK.
Yes, the Master Dark and The dark flats were calibrated with the Master Bias.
Results were so-so because one of my mosaic panel did not come out good (clouds I presume). Still don’t know the reason for errors in the log.

So your workflow is to stitch the linear panels and then stretch after stitching?

Do you use the background removal option as part of this workflow?

I preprocessed each of the 4 panels with bias, darks, flats and dark flats. I did not stretch until after the 4 panels were stitched, but the red lights on one of my panel did not come out good and it was hard to correct since only the top right panel has a red flaw. One of these days, I will try to reprocess and and try stitching after stretching

Hi Daniel
I ont know if you have seen this video, if not it might be of interest to you. Gary Snow has produced some very good Siril tutorials and scripts. In this one he demonstrates his Align for HDR script which he says has also done a pretty good job of aligning mosaics. I have not tried it yet but plan to in the future. He has made all his scripts available. Hope this helps. Siril for Starry Landscapes and Image Alignment - YouTube

Thanks, I will keep this in my list of good resources!